Welcome to theSeeking Christ
Are you a disciple of Christ?
|Contents: "A Disciple's Resolve" "How Can I Sin Against God?" "Rules on Going to Church"|
(Written by a young pastor in Zimbabwe, Africa, before his martyrdom for his faith in Jesus Christ)
"I am part of the fellowship of the unashamed. The dye is cast. I have stepped over the line.
The decision has been made--I am a disciple of His. I will not look back, let up. slow down, back away, or be still. My past is redeemed; my present makes sense; my future is secure. I am finished and done with low living, sight-walking, smooth knees, colorless dreams, tamed visions, worldly talking, cheap giving and dwarfed goals. I no longer need pre-eminence, prosperity, position, promotions, plaudits, or popularity. I do not have to be right, first, tops, recognized, praised, regarded, or rewarded. I now live by faith, lean on His Presence, walk by patience, and am uplifted by prayer.
My face is set, my gait is fast, my goal is Heaven, my road is narrow, my way rough, my companions few, my Guide reliable, my mission clear. I cannot be bought, compromised, detoured, lured away, turned back, deluded or delayed. I will not flinch in the face of sacrifice, hesitate in the presence of the enemy, ponder at the pool of popularity, or meander in the maze of mediocrity.
I will not give up, shut up, let up, until I have stayed up, stored up. prayed up, paid up, preached up for the cause of Christ. I am a disciple of Jesus. I must go until He comes, give until I drop, preach till all know, and work until He stops me. And when He comes for His own He will have no problem recognizing me--my banner will be clear."
1. Is this temptation a violation of Scripture?
2. What have been the consequences in the lives of other people who yielded to this sin?
3. If I yield to this temptation, how will it affect my life?
4. How will it affect God's plan for my life?
5. How will it affect my family, friends, and those that respect me?
6. How will it affect my future?
7. Am I willing to pay the consequences of yielding to this temptation?
8. Will yielding to this temptation satisfy me or only stir up stronger desires?
9. Is yielding to this temptation a wise decision?
10. How then could I do this evil and sin against God?
Rules on Going to Church (Independent Baptist of course!)
1. Go early to church. Not only
be punctual, but be in your place before the hour announced for the service
"Whosoever thou art that enterest
this church, remember it is the house of God.
Return to the top of this page